Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Relentless Love

Over this past month the Lord has been showing me so many things, as always. Mainly He has been showing me more about His love in the aspects of its endless patience and eternal grace. This year I am focusing on tasting and seeing that the Lord is good. Challenging God, in a way, prompting Him to show me all of the goodness that He promises.

What a year it has been already and we are only a month in.

I have tried to run over and over again. Run from His patience, love, grace, and goodness. Running because I am sinful, scared, and self destructive. Running because I am human, unaware of the fact that these works of mine have no repercussions on the unconditional love that has freely been offered to me.

This patience. This grace. This love. This WILD story of redemption and new life has me in awe.

Every time I self destruct and run away, I am softly beckoned home. He whispers sweetly to my soul, wait, my restless daughter, there is more. I have more for you. You wanted to see my goodness, well come and see. You wanted to taste what I have to offer, well savor what I have given you and wait in expectation for what is in store. I have plans for you. Plans full of hope, and a future. My lively daughter, I want to give you everything. 

This relentless beckon home is my favorite adventure. I have fallen for this life full of unexpected, winding bends in a road that is leading me back to the lover of my soul. It has captured my heart and soul and my very being. I am head over heals, smitten, absolutely consumed with this love.

I sit to think about all that He is, all that He has given me, all that ways He has shown me grace and favor. Those thoughts, they will never cease. They will never run out. I will never come to a point where I get up and say, "I have exhausted this idea of God, let us move on". It will never happen. My words, ideas, and perceptions of this love will never be good enough, never be full enough, never be big enough to fill up who He is. He is more.

And here I am trying to describe Him. Yet these words are swallowed up in all that He is.

So I sit and savor. Savor what He is given me, which, let me tell you, is more than I could have asked for. Cheesy, I know, but true. Too good to be true- that's grace.

And I wait expectantly for what He has in store. This is just the beginning- the tip of the ice berg to a life that is full of hope. I smile knowing that He is deeper and bigger and more wild than I could ever imagine. His love is scandalous and relentless- it beckons us to come taste and see that it is sweeter than honey and more real than anything this world has to offer.

1 comment:

  1. "These words are swallowed up in all that he is." Beautiful and profound, Jayne. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete